Knox Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Knox. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Knox event simply Login
Events in and around Knox
As the seasons change in Knox, Victoria, there are many fun and exciting events to look forward to. From festivals to outdoor activities, here are some events that are worth checking out.
- Knox Festival: Held every March, the Knox Festival is a free community event that showcases live music, food and drink, markets, and entertainment. There are also activities for children, such as face painting, a petting zoo, and carnival rides. The festival is held at Wally Tew Reserve in Ferntree Gully.
- Tulip Festival: Taking place in September, the Tesselaar Tulip Festival in Silvan is a celebration of spring flowers. Visitors can wander through the fields of tulips and other blooms, take photos, shop for souvenirs, and sample local food and drinks.
- Lysterfield Park Run: This weekly 5km run takes place every Saturday morning at Lysterfield Lake Park. Runners of all abilities are welcome to participate, and it's a great way to stay active and enjoy the spring weather.
- Knox Carols by Candlelight: This family-friendly event is a highlight of the Christmas season in Knox. Held at the Wally Tew Reserve, it features live music, food trucks, and a visit from Santa Claus. The climax of the night is when everyone joins in singing carols by candlelight.
- Twilight Market: On the first Friday of every month from December to February, the Rowville Community Centre hosts a twilight market. Featuring local vendors selling handmade crafts, jewellery, clothing, and food, it's a great place to shop for unique gifts or just enjoy a summer evening out.
- The Great Summer Sizzle: This outdoor concert series takes place at the Knox Club in Wantirna South. Featuring artists playing a mix of rock, pop, and country music, it's a great way to enjoy a summer night out with friends. Food and drinks are available for purchase.
- Knox Seniors Festival: Every April, Knox City Council hosts a festival celebrating seniors in the community. Events include free movies, concerts, workshops, and social gatherings. The festival aims to promote lifelong learning, health and wellbeing, and social connections for seniors.
- Dandenong Ranges Open Studios: Throughout April and May, artists in the Dandenong Ranges open their studios to the public. Visitors can meet the artists, see their work, and perhaps even purchase pieces to take home. Many studios also offer workshops and demonstrations throughout the event.
- Puffing Billy's Great Train Race: This unique event sees runners race against the historic Puffing Billy steam train. The route covers 13.5km of hilly terrain through the Dandenong Ranges, and runners are challenged to beat the train to the finish line. The event takes place in May and raises money for local charities.
- Winter Lights Festival: This annual festival is a celebration of art, light, and community. Held in Knox City Centre, it features light installations, interactive exhibits, lantern-making workshops, and live music. There are also food trucks and hot drinks available to keep visitors warm.
- Yarra Valley Winter Wine Festival: Just a short drive from Knox, the Yarra Valley is home to many wineries and vineyards. During the winter, many of them come together for a festival featuring wine tastings, food pairings, music, and bonfires. It's a great way to experience the local wine culture and enjoy the winter scenery.
- Ice Skating: When the weather turns chilly, there are several places in and around Knox to go ice skating. The Knox Ice Skating Centre in Scoresby offers public skating sessions, figure skating lessons, and ice hockey games. There are also temporary outdoor ice rinks set up in various locations throughout winter, such as in Federation Square in Melbourne.
Whether you're a local or a visitor, there's always something fun and exciting happening in Knox. To find out more about these events and others, check out the Knox City Council website or follow their social media accounts. Don't miss out on the fun!